It wouldn’t be Friday around here without a reflection on the past week. So here’s my virtual toast to all of you and the small, but precious things that seem to be around every corner lately.
- Those five little piggies in the photo above. It has been challenging and a real joy to have an infant in the house again.
- Fifty four degrees and sunny. In January. I’m all about embracing the seasons, but this weather is just lovely.
- My inner circle. I’m thankful to have mentors kind enough to help me as I learn to balance family, work and my creative pursuits. Their input and guidance is invaluable.
- Contentment. I’m happy enough with things to not make resolutions this year. Sort of my anti-resolution resolution.
- Instagram. Any spare moment, I find myself checking my feed on Instagram app on my phone. I’m kinda hooked. There are some wonderfully creative peeps out there. If you’re on there, I’m “growmyafro”.
And speaking of gratitude, I’m embarking on a little journey this year. The idea is to help me document and give thanks for all the things that keep me smiling when the wheels fall off the wagon. I’m taking part in a group led by Karen Walrond (aka Chookooloonks) that promises to link photography and the practice of giving thanks. You just can’t go wrong there. Find more information on the group here:
Have a great weekend folks.